Just to shed those extra kilos, you starve yourself, spend hours in the gym sweating like crazy, run for yoga gurus, Sumba, Aerobics and try many remedies as possible yet you are on the run to get the perfect body shape you always wanted. Are you fed up with spending loads of money on those weight loss programs? Doctor’s clinics? or even for the magic pills that promised you results in one night? Maybe this one simple method might impress you. All you need is a bath towel and five minutes from your life, three times a day. Curious..?? Let’s find out then.
A Japanese doctor named Toshiki Fukutsuji developed a unique method to get the body in shape about ten years ago. When this method was first published, more than six million copies of the book were sold. Doctor Toshiki Fukutsuji help her patients with problems in their pelvic bone and her method is also said to reduce fat around the waist. The method takes five minutes a day, and you need no equipment. In less than a month, you can get your muscles in tone, make your waist smaller, and strengthen your back, also your internal organs will be placed in the most favourable positions for them. Interesting isn’t it?. But wait…. We strongly advise you to consult your family doctor before applying this method if you have undergone any serious injuries and do not remove yourself from any prescribed medications or treatments without consulting your physician.
Here’s what you need to do
- First, you need a towel. Tightly roll it to make it 15 inches (40cm) in length and 3-4 inches (7-10 cm) thick. You can secure it with a band.
- Sit down on a flat hard surface. A soft bed or sofa won’t work – it’s better to use a fitness mat on the floor.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and with your legs stretched out in front of you such that there is a distance of 8-10 inches between both feet Your heels should be 8 to 10 inches apart (20-25 cm).
- Put the rolled towel behind you. – Gently lie down on your back holding the towel so that it is
across your body directly under your waist. Exactly under your navel.
- Next, lift your arms and Straighten them by the head, almost touching the floor, turn them
palms down, and connect your pinkies.
- Now try to bring your toes close to each other while maintaining the distance between the
heels. The stretch you want to achieve is now complete. (Your body will almost be arched like an inverted boat).
- Finally, all you need to do is hold this position for 5 minutes.
After that, stand up gently not to hurt yourself as your bones and joints slightly move during the exercise. – Your hands, legs, and the towel should be in the correct positions. Note: It’s difficult to hold this position for 5 minutes in the beginning, so you can perform the exercise for 2 to 3 minutes. You should feel a burning sensation and slight pain in the beginning which eases with practice. This may look easy, but holding it for a longer period can be a daunting task. Do it only till you are able to do it comfortably until practised enough.
It seems this exercise not only induces weight loss but helps in effectively curing your back pain and further strengthening your abdomen. The science behind it is that any extra layer of fat around the belly is basically a result of misplacement of your pelvis. The exercise claims to correct the pelvis placement, which automatically results in a small waistline.
Losing weight is a strenuous task, you would agree. It’s even beneficial when you achieve that results without having to burn a hole in your pocket. It is the little things that have the greatest impacts on life. You have got nothing to lose so why not just try it? What seems simple can do wonders. We hope this simple yet very effective Japanese finding will change your life for the better.